Community Outreach Services
ElderPet began as a student community service program of the UNH Thompson School Animal Science program in the early 1980’s by providing pet food and pet-related care services to senior pet owners.
ElderPet continues these services and has added to them.
Current Service Programs
- Pet Food Assistance
- Pet Medication Assistance for Chronic Pet Illnesses
- No-Interest Loans for Unexpected Pet Care for Responsible Pet Owner
- Other Pet Related Services
- Short- term care of pets in their home in emergency situations
- Rides for pet (and owner) to pet related appointments
- Social Service Worker consultations regarding client pet issues