Community Outreach Services
ElderPet began as a student community service program of the UNH Thompson School Animal Science program in the early 1980’s by providing pet visits to area nursing homes and pet food and pet-related care services to low income senior pet owners.
ElderPet continues these services and has added to them.
Current Service Programs
- Pet Food Assistance
- Pet Medication Assistance for pets with chronic illness that require lifetime medications
- No-Interest Loans for Unexpected Pet Care for Responsible Pet Owners
- Other Pet Related Services
- Short- term care of pets in their home in emergency situations
- Rides for pet (and owner) to pet related appointments
- Social Service Worker consultations regarding client pet issues
Target Population Served: As per our by-laws and mission statement, we serve low, fixed income seniors and people with disabilities and their pets in the Strafford and Seacoast Rockingham counties. Exceptions are rarely made.
We welcome collaboration with social service providers. See link for more information
Link to handout with other statewide low cost pet related services.